Iowa Yearly Meeting (IAYM) is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Youth/Young Adult Ministries Director. This is a full-time position within the Yearly Meeting focused on overseeing and developing youth and young adult ministries. The position will be located in Oskaloosa, Iowa.
The applicant must have qualifications which include but not limited to:
- The ability to share their personal relationship with Jesus Christ effectively
- A call and passion to work with children, youth and young adults up to age 35
- A minimum of 3 years ministry and leadership experience as a youth pastor or church staff member
- Affirming the beliefs of Friends as stated in the Yealry Meeting Discipline.
The applicant’s responsibilities will included but not limited to:
- Administrating all Young Friends camps and year-round events
- Selecting and overseeing individuals to serve as interns
- Serving as a resource to churches in the Yearly Meeting concerning youth and young adult ministries
- Exploring ways to maintain contact with IAYM graduates at the college level and beyond
A complete job description is available. Applicants will be received through April 15, 2013 and inquiries can be made to Ron Bryan.