Friends have no creeds – no official words can substitute for a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ. These unofficial statements give a general sense of Friends’ faith:
- God is love and wants to communicate inwardly with everyone who is willing
- Worship is spiritual and must be Spirit-led
- All people are equal before God and may minister as they are led by God
- Jesus Christ is our present Teacher and Lord, and we seek to conduct church affairs in unity under his guidance
- The Spirit of God gives guidance that is consistent with the Bible
- As people respond to the Light of Christ within, their lives begin to reflect Jesus’ peace, integrity, simplicity and moral purity
See also “Part I – The Faith and Doctrine of Friends” in the Discipline.