Registration is Live!
We are excited to open registration for young leaders aged 16-25 from Iowa Yearly Meeting who plan to attend the 2023 Friends Summit in Houston, Texas! The conference will be held from December 28 to January 1st at Hyatt Regency Houston West. The total cost to attend Summit as part of the IAYM group will be $840*.
Please read all the following information before registering.
Summit is designed to help young leaders grow in their faith and capacity to lead among Friends. Because of the importance of continuing mentorship and discipleship, Summit asks that you send a mentor/advocate for every 2 or 3 young adults. If you have students who wish to attend but do not have a mentor/advocate, please contact our office before registering them.
*The Summit registration cost is $369 per person for quad-occupancy rooms and includes:
- Standard guest room with 2 Double Beds (4 people per room).
- 4 breakfasts and 3 dinners while at Summit.
- All Summit 2023 sessions, options, and amenities.
- Hyatt Regency Houston West facility use.
*The additional IAYM registration cost of $467 per person is to cover roundtrip airfare from Des Moines to Houston.
While we plan to search for the most cost-effective flights for our group size and travel window, please note that flight costs do fluctuate and if they increase significantly between now and when we book flights, each person will be responsible for the actual cost of the flight. If flights happen to decrease. We will issue refunds for the difference.
Not included in either cost:
- Lunches during Summit (Each person will need to bring enough money to eat 4 lunches at a local restaurant. We recommend no less than $15 per meal.).
- Snacks, souvenirs, or Summit “gear”.
- Alternate flights (If you would rather fly from another airport or on a different flight, please contact our office. Please note, this will likely require you to find transportation to and from the airport in Houston.)
- Rooms accommodations other than “quad occupancy.” If you would prefer other accommodations, please contact our office.
Our IAYM Board on Stewardship has graciously agreed to offer a $300 scholarship to each participant and mentor that attends through the IAYM Vision Fund. You can access this scholarship by using the coupon code “VISION” when you register. This scholarship will only be available until the registration deadline of September 30.
Each registrant will should be prepared to pay a deposit of $175 when registering.
An additional payment of $270 will be due on November 1st
Any remaining balance will be due by December 15th